NeuAbility provides a hands-on and exciting internship experience for students interested in gaining valuable experience in the exercise science and medical field. We are looking for dedicated students who are willing to contribute to our unique community.
Our internship Program offers:
- Extensive information and education on different type of paralysis such as Spinal Cord Injury, Spina Bifida, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Auto Immune Disease, and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Hands-on training alongside one of our knowledgeable Adaptive Exercise Specialists
- Education on & experience with Functional Electrical Stimulation, including: RT300 Leg, RT300 arm, and RT Xcite
- A rewarding and life-changing experience
As an adaptive exercise specialist intern your responsibilities include:
- Assisting with client lifts
- Programming and adjusting FES technology
- Creating new client set-ups to challenge and stimulate neuro-pathways
- Preparing gym equipment/ gym equipment clean up
- Facilitating workout with supervision
- Properly getting clients on and off FES RT300 leg and arm gait trainers
- Neurology Research
- Client Data Collection
- Appropriate socialization with clients
NeuAbility offers Spring, Summer and Fall internships for students who are looking to meet a required amount of credit hours to complete their college degree. We also offer this internship for students who are only looking to get hands on experience without the requirement of credit hours. All undergraduate students in the following fields of study are welcomed and strongly encouraged to apply: Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Health Science, Integrative Health Care, Pre-Med, Biology, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Integrative Physiology, and Healthcare Management. This is an unpaid opportunity.
Spring Semester (January-April) The Application deadline is November 15 and confirmations will be sent out by December 1.
Summer Semester (May-August) The Application deadline is March 15 and confirmations will be sent out by April 1.
Fall Semester (September-December) The application deadline is July 15 and confirmations will be sent out by August 1.
NOTE: Due to universities having varying requirements for the length of an internship, semester months are approximate; however, deadline dates are firm. Once we have reviewed all the applicants, you may be asked to come in for a formal interview / tour.